Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reap what you sow.


Apparently, I do not have the neccessary know-how to be a farmer.

I originally planted 8-10 seeds of corn. Critters in my yard ate most of them before they even had a chance. Survival of the fittest is a cruel gesture when all you are is a dried up piece of corn sitting in some dirt. Squirrels are cute and all, but they really should all just die. I've taken to aiming for them when they run out in front of my car.

Stupid little monsters...

But I digress...I was able to salvage one small sprout and I nurtured it to full stalk status. This being my first time with corn, I wasn't sure what to expect. I learned the hard way that growing said vegetable in a pot is not the smartest idea. Being restricted to a 5 gallon environment, my stalk decided to produce retarded veggies. I'm not sure whether or not to call these "ears" of corn considering they are the size of something that would come out of your "nose." My green thumb ended up being more of a puce color, and my crop was, well..."cropped."

Aw shucks, maybe next time I'll have better luck. Or maybe I should just stick to corny jokes. Then again, you might get tired of getting an ear full. If so, stop stalking me. (I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. I have pills for this, I just don't take them!)

.



No comments:

Post a Comment